Monday, October 29, 2007

One more ....

Buoy.. I am getting into early late-20's. Should I start looking at the facial wrinkles(if any)? Should I focus more on the visibly dry areas on my head(if any)? Should I start researching about mens anti-ageing cream, which does more harm to facial harmful bacteria than the facial skin(if any)?

Huhh… weirdo thoughts creeped into my mind as yours truly celeberated yet another birthday away from home. Yeah, it is a hatrick!! And for the records, if the first was in Nederlands, then Singapore and now Australia. Holy Cow!!! Each one getting better and better when it comes to magnitude of celebrations.

The Budday weekend was supposed to be an "in-the-office" affair. But, when my manager got to know that it was my day, she let me enjoy the complete weekend without any official calls. Even taking the pain to convince the top management of how important my day was compared to theirs. Thanks Jas!!

The special weekend started off with day-trip to
Great Ocean Drive/Twelve Apostles. More on this in the next post with the snappos of the "chopper ride" :-)

The 'yet-another-day-but-bit-different-one' kicked off with calls from near-and-dear ones wishing the obvious greeting messages, while some did tickle a few nerves. While I rejoiced in the pampering moments, my friends thudded into my room with a huge bang ala thalaivara style.

While one held a huge kitchen knife used to slice chicken, the other in contrast, had a kutty cake carrying as if it was his 5-day old baby. They had sweated it out to get a cake to resemble a cricket ground, unluckily they did not get the green pastures and the pitch :-). The white grass did not look so hazy either. For a change, was listening to the Happy Birthday song and "ooopheed" all the candle-lights in one go. First achievement of the day!!! Thankfully, the budday bums did not follow the triumph :-)

Midnight action over, back to my single(few people expect more information) bed. The tired eyes before sleep, refreshingly opened up around noon next day.

Now that I had slept over the breakfast hours, it was time for brunch. My friends gave me a pleasant surprise by taking me to a pure-veg Mysore restaurant. It was a commendable effort from them, as they being pure non-veg tamilians, had taken the extra effort to search for a mysore restau with veg cuisine. After a long drive along the freeways, the restau had the perfect making of MTR.

After almost 10 odd months, had "malligae idly" with chutney and sambar. Yeah, not to forget the filter coffee. Am an ardent foodie, aint I?





Wow.. temptations, rightooo ?

Residing in Melbourne, and not boozing with your friends on your budday is next only to fatal crime ;-), thats how the evening/night rolled off :-). Not much write-up on this, as this space is read by my bro.

As the day signed off with a surprise call, it had every ingredient of residing in my memory cells for years to come.

Thank you all for your wishes. And more so, the special communique of dedicating a Youtube video was pleasant improver to the list of SMS, calls and e-cards.

No, am not signing off as the party wasnt over yet. Monday morning blues were blown away by these wonderful aussie spring flowers and chocolates. It would have been more enthralling, if it wasnt "anonymous" buddy :-) .


cheers ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

WOW u had a blast...now tell em who was tht 'anonymous' buddy?! :D

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home