Friday, September 10, 2010

Bengalooru ??

Over the few months, it has been a roller-coaster ride with lot many things going back of the mind, at work and everywhere else. Many times felt the need to pen those thoughts but never found time todo so and had literally forgotten that I nurtured a blog few years ago.

Browsing through my iphone enroute to work, I was reading this blog material citing a column from Outlook 2006 cover edition. It read “Why Bangalore hates IT culture?” where the pakka bengaloorean CNR Rao expressed his on why a pakka bengaloorean hates IT culture.

It was quite interesting to read through and raked up more questions at the top of my tall frame. Not sure if I can call myself pakka bengaloorean although fed and bought up completely in Bengalooru. But, I was born in mangalore and spent my valuable engineering days away from then Bangalore (which I feel was so unfortunate). And top it all now I am an IT professional with emotional roots laid in bengalooru while all my professional roots seems broken away.

Having worked abroad for nearly 5 years now, I always wanted to settle down in Bengalooru (mortal can only plan while they cannot control it). If I were to go back to bengalooru now, would I feel the same frustration although in the back of my mind I know what bengalooru was? May be or may not. One thing is certain, few years down the lane I want my kids to be a proud bengaloorean.

One thing for sure I want bengalooru not to lose its true cultural essence (may be it has lost it already) but yet provide a thriving place for IT professionals like me. Because, I love bengalooru.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home