Saturday, October 15, 2005

.... 2 people who are always with you

Listening to old movie songs, reminisces when our sweet home did not have a cable connection. I always used to wait till Wed 8pm-Chitrahaar, every week, so that I could get a chance to view the “latest” hindi chartbusters. Sometimes I was deprived of this too, thanks to power –cuts by KEB. I used to watch the trailors of SRK starrers which was being aired on DD-2 with such enthu, that my elder sister used to chide “pakku, don’t get INTO the TV”…with a background voice, switch off the TV from my sweet mom..

My parents always used to think that getting a cable connection at home, only would make things worse when it came to my studies. Now that I was the only left to get my elementary schooling done, as my elders were through with their colleging too…Me being the last “Kohinoor” in the family, had to deliver the goods when it came to academics. My parents always felt I spent time loitering and playing gully cricket, than putting my “smart” brain into getting good results. Although I wasn’t so bad at studies, but my parents always felt I was carried away with playing cricket. As I was pretty good in gully cricket, jantaa always used to come near my home compound and communicate signals.. 3 huge footsteps meant come at the earliest, moron, a cycle bell meant cum to a diff ground near basaveshwaranagar… v had already started with Cryptography. Worst thing to happen would be that the notation being decrypted by my mom. She promptly used to take me to some grocery store and used to tell about how to buy a potato. Lol.. So that I cud not waste hours in playing cricket. Still, I always used to top in the class till X. This always used to give me an opportunity to play an extra hour at my school grounds, since I had the report card in my hand. Incidentally, our class was the best in the school, in playing short-pitch cricket and unfortunately I was only a shadow to our kaptaan.

Now, here am with a Bachelors degree, in a so called elite branch of computer Science, “flexing” muscles with the keypads. I need to walk back nearly 20 mins from my office to rly station at Eindhoven. Me being penchant about cute chubby kids, always keep an eye on the kids playing in the ground passing by. After my Engineering, I always used to yearn for the amount of fun I had when I was in my teens. Always trying to find some reasons to get out of home and keep on playing in the ground, till the lights shade. Never even gave my single listening organ to my parents words, I was always on my own. This always entertained huge red eyes from my dad. I used to goto my mom to find a warm shelter, away from those loud words. Not always though, if not my parents, I always had my sister who could defend me when it came to my academics.

Sometimes I feel if my parents were not so “caring”, what would I be now. Certainly not a cricketer though. Although I used to make antics about my parents in my childhood, I always felt that they are the ones whom I could look upto, when I am in trouble and happiness. How can I forget the words of advise from my dad, when I could not get a good rank in my CET, my mom coming to my bed every midnight to see if the blanket was fine on my body frame, her warm scolding “pakku.. drink the horlicks and then go out”, her long pooja whenever I had an exam- however small a Class Internals it used to be, her yearning to see-me off for every exams, her packaging of the warm boiled water bottle that I did not entertain a infection drinking tap-waters. My elder brothers always used to envy that I got the biggest pie when it came to my moms warmth . Yes I always did, I also made sure that I was her best betaaa.

Whenever I see my cousins showing disrespect to their parents, I make it a point that they understand what it is all to be a good son/daughter. Because those are the 2 people, whom who can look upto when ever you want to, they only make things better with their selfless love, unending warmth, zealous care and wat not.

Being away, from my parents always taught me few lessons, esp when I was doing my engineering. First time I realized, the “nalapaaka” of my moms food, her mild touch on my head(which only made my hair-style worse), her yearning to wash/press my loving clothes, the 101% filled cup of pure nandini pasteurized milk, her desire to me having more and more food, dads scoldings, small fights with my dad. Now that I am a grown-up kid,(though mommy dear still feels kii she has to oil my hairs), I want to always keep my parents happy. I seriously hope that any act/desire would not let them down in any way. This thought also made me fearful in converting my lonely crush to a full-fledged relationship to beheld within this tiny heart of myn and drench it away through my intestinal tracts. I do not regret my act, anyways I was not even confident that I could pataafy “her”.

As I stare in front of my lappie in this phoren land of Europe, I feel I should enjoy those million small things which always make you feel nostalgic when you are away from your home. Now that doesn’t mean I am my mommas kid. But, truly I am their loveliest last kid. Though I have ample desires to be on an onsite trip and make it real big in my foray into this industry, I would always yearn to make my parents feel proud. More than the Euros I am being paid here, the warmth/care with which I would be seen off from my home, moms blessed “SriGandha” on my forehead would matter a lot. Hope, I get back home with all that had to be achieved in this short span here at Nederlands. Still a long time to taste my moms sambar 

Current Affairs : SV is flying today to US of A. His long cherished dream is coming true today. Hope he comes out with all the flying colors and is a grand career success. SV, hope you get back with the United Colors of Benetton.. Yankie SV… yo mann yooo…you can do that.

Hope S gets all of her pre travel work right in her final week(for 2005) in India. Happy Shopping...

Adios & amigos

2 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Hey paks, First of all, thanks for all the "warm" wishes.

Most importantly, as I read through this post, my eyes were filled with tears of joy that took me back to India!

So far, yet so near.You have written it so well that I started to miss my mother, mother-land, my family and friends back home!

Seriously, I have doubts in my mind now, should I really yearn for such a petty trip to US @ the cost of "True Love" of my parents!!? :(

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:03:00 AM  
Blogger Anil said...

Woww paks... ur blog bought tears in my eyes buddy :). The punch of nostalgia is filled in every word u put on!!

Yes true to the core you realize the true worth of anything when you are away from it, as my father use to utter this always to me. I never realised that when I heard from him, but time tought me its true essence.

The very existence of us on this beautiful planet is dedicated to those 2 beautiful people we meet first in our life.

Yes I envy very much being a elder sibling... whenever i see the younger one's being pampered more with parent's love comparitively. Yes I am happy too tat its my brother.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home