Sunday, April 01, 2007

Going ahead...

When I was doing my bachelors, I had this intricate nature of contemplating ideas within myself. I used to talk to myself, not literally though, wrangling about different dimension an idea can be nurtured in. People around me always used to think that I was reminscing the educational concepts. Well, the thinker was always active then.

Those were just thoughts, I could not give a definite directions to them when it came to implementation. Years have flown by, and so did my thinking acumen has drastically decreased. Sometimes I attribute it to extreme passion for good movies I have away from work. Last couple of years, I would rather be thinking why SRK is so rigid to prove himself as the next legend than my own self.

Well..again theres some brain cells burnt even if I think about movies. Albeit, with no defined paradigm.

Few weeks ago, I was reading an article about Retail sector in India. Buoy, wasnt I interested in that. I started reading the article as big names like Ambani, Mittal, Walmart were associated with it. Then, as I further mused over the area of Retail Sector, it was a revelation.

I love numbers and finance. And I love probing more in that arena. I always wanted to be in finance sector, but fortune got me into IT. Its not that Retail is all about finance. But, the finance management a petty shopkeeper does, can amuse PC ( hehehh P Chidambaram.. I love calling him PC.. it sounds nice). India has such huge scope for a retail giant that it can make wonders for them, to the country, to consumers and overall economy growth if handled in the right manner.

Now that the telecom sector has almost reached its peak, I would love to be a part of the retail boom in India. I have cursed myself umpteen times for not being part of either telecom or IT boom in India, when it mattered. Thanks to my birth year. I have only reaped the benefits, but havent been part of it behind the scenes.

Yeah, I may not hold a fundoo management degree to showcase it to the whos-who of big companies, but being an astute indian consumer I have it in me to make it big in retail sector.

On a signing note, I pray and wish that this post acts as an precursor to the blogpost titled "My shift from IT to Telecom" years down the tunnel, as google more for "Retail in India"

2 Comments:

Blogger BlackThorn said...

"I have only reaped the benefits, but havent been part of it behind the scenes." - If i wer in ur shoes, i wuld hav not complained at all ;)

Monday, April 09, 2007 3:28:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@i 7: hmm.. I hope you aint complaining now either :-)

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home