Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sunday (E)Mail

Over the weekend, my friend sent a mail with a huge attachment related to ‘Mungaru Male’. Now that cannot be the crux for this blogpost. Notable thing was, at the page-end of my Gmail account, it was cribbing ‘2890 MB used of 2920MB’.

And pakku lets his small-marble like eyes to pop-out. Yikes, am seriously poor in exaggerating things. But, I was seriously concerned that my primary mail account was running out of space. And that too my Gmail account. This after using 2-3 secondary Gmail accounts, a yahoo account, hotmail account and above all my unlimited corporate account.

Affright of my mail account getting an “Invalid-Mail-Id” tag due to insufficient space, me got into the saving act in fire-fighting mode (this phrase due to the huge amount of client-meetings I attend – fire-fighting mode, limelight, challenges, sand-clock et al).

This primary Gmail account of myn was created way back in May 2004, when possessing a gmail account was like owning britneys self-ridden hairdo. I cut my fast-growing curly-hairs on a monthly basis and wonder why it does not get into eBay. Need a self-assessment ;-)

Back to my gmail saga!! Thanks to my dear friend, had access to this special mail account, within months of Google launching it. Then, I never thought that I would ever exceed the 1GB limit it provided. Just about 2.5 years later, I see my gmail account crossing the 2.8GB barrier. Yippie, an achievement!!!! Now, I am not so rich that I can pay Google for more mailspace. Also, never would I pay for a mail account.

For people, who are wondering about the mail-contents, it is strictly confidential. Moreso, as my elder bro reads this space and if he finds anything fishy, he reports the same at home. And “paapa pakku” will have to answer hazzaar questions posed at.
Anyways, it is not that secretive too. It contains loads of mails exchanged between P3A, when I say loads; it is loads, that’s it. If anyone were to print out all those mail-threads, it would easily pile up to a 3 flooreyed building. That was a wild guess. Wanna challenge it !!! Apart from that, it would have some “memorable” photo-shoots of celebrities (that includes myself too), few work-related dump stored in Drafts folder(as I feel gmail is more easily accessible than a CD/DVD in a secure CMM-L5 work area). Apart from this, it contains a few megabytes of unmentionables.

Before the wings of your brain-cells fly high, unmentionables are my credit card, bank, share and all those financial details. Now that I have portrayed the importance of this particular mail account, how could I clean it up? How can I delete mail-threads close to my heart? How can I trash the trashy-mail-threads of P3A? How can I let go my previous work-related details? How can I delete the financial details?

Ghossh, that was lots of questions. Please bear :-). Still, pakku goes ahead with cleaning activity and at the end of a wonderful sunny sunday at home, after about 6+ hours of activity, my Gmail account reads 2730 MB used of 2920MB.

Of all the hours spent, I was reading the mail threads/attachments and trying to decide if I could delete them or not. Very difficult task, which squeezed more than 3 litres of body-liquid from my body ;-).
6+ hours of sunday noon, 3+ litres of body-fluids and I could only manage about 200 MB to be trashed. Very Very bad success ratio!!!

Buoy, reading my own thoughts just about 2 years ago, let me know how gullible, different, harsh, caring, idiotic, smart, wise I was and how I am now. It was quite an experience going through my past in the present and trying to recollect the day’s wentby.

Now, even after such a strenuous exercise, I could not resolve the space thingy. If any of you gentle ladies and gentle men, know how to increase the gmail account space, please write to me atpakkus@gmail.com

Nope, that’s not my primary gmail id.

Cheers…

1 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Y dont you buy a 1 TB External HDD from Maxtor? [:D]

"Unmentionables"!! Hmm...let your brohter see it. Est jana hudgeer mai IDs , Mails, innu enenenenenenooooo idyo yarig gotappa :D

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home