Sunday, October 30, 2005

Diwali Greetings...

On a bright Sunday noon, sitting in front of the hotel room windowpane, gazing at the cars passby on a flat right-flanked road, I am thrumming my body to Geri halliwels classic “its raining men”, albeit it aint raining outside. Peculiar environment, as it rains all through the last quarter of the year here. On this sunny Sunday noon, how I wish I was standing on the top floor of the Eiffel Towers, gazing at the romantic city of Paris and pose a stretched-arm Titanic like posture. Now, if Tommy of the Tom-Dick-Harry fame can propose his Katie on the towers, why cant I get myself in Titanic posture whilst the absence of my beau. Now enough pakku, let me come out of my woolgathering.

After a tight week at work, this weekend is a real welcome break. This weekend too, we could not go out, due to our poor planning acumen. Now, I should hire a personal assistant (female blonde to the least), who could arrange for a proper weekend outing, atleast when I am onsite. Hope my manager is listening. So, the month of October is almost through. Month of October has always been etched into my memoirs, specifically bcoz this month gives me 2 bdays to celebrate in my family. Whenever my elders get the New Year calendar, first thing I used to do was check the day of 28. 28th of the year 2005, fell on Friday, I was very elated, feeling that I could enjoy a long weekend with my birthday bash. During my stint at AESPL, birthdays were always been freak-out day. Sign-in late to office, talk to junta around, lots of leg-pulling, followed by a long lunch party, added to that early sign-off from the office. My manager was atleast very bounteous (as she was always) on that day and I could put in 8 hrs on my timesheet. Hope SL is not listening.

Away from my home, I “celebrated” my 25th birthday in my life. Birthdays were always been a low-key affair, when it came to partying. But for the past 5-6 yrs, my parents made it a point to kindly yell at us - pakku you are growing up, be more responsible and stand on your own feet. Pops, here I am standing on my feet. Right from my engineering days, friends have always made this day a special one. At the end of every evening on this day, I would praise myself that I escaped from the “Hit-his-butt-hard” bday programs. Given a chance, I always made it a point to hit the bday boys’ butt hard :D.

Close-In friends have always given rich memories to cherish for lifetime. Every year, I have been bestowed with wonderful surprises. How I wish, the globe rotated 365 times faster. Ok I can wait a day more on leap years . My 25th year in office has been an interesting set of events. I made 2 hops professionally; rather I was pushed to, and somehow landed up in an interesting place. This year has taught me a lot in terms of emotions and professionally, I can carry a lot of goodies on my bag pack. I have made few decisions which were rather taken hastily, few worthwhile, most of them leading forward. Now, it’s a short time to assess on my prior decisions, but I foresee myself going on a path which is atleast not leading to vacuum. Year also embarked me with a second onsite trip, which I always yearned for. Somehow, after my joyous successful first onsite to the US of A, I had gone crazy about onsite trips. But after this trip, I don’t think my thoughts would be on the same plate.

Most of the days in the year were turbulent in person-person relations. Relations passing through tough phases at varying wavelengths. Unfortunately, majority of the time it was on the third quadrant. Nonetheless, none of them led to sign-off days. Patience and endurance does pay in relations. For all u know, relations are carefully tailored stitch-by-stitch not to break-out on a stormy dusty day. Seriously hope that the dirt has flown through the time, although there are still some vestiges to be casted away.

After all the hoopla about this special day, the day rather turned out to be a drably painted sculpture. Those moments, where people used to throng to your desk, was missing. On the contrary, in this orange land, none of them knew that it was my day. Now, I can’t expect everyone to know my bday, I aint a Thalaivar or Shahrukh. But, ardent fans of Julia Roberts would know what Oct 28 is ;). Mom, dad, my brothers, atthige gave in the best wishes, which made the phone bill counter go to 3 digits. How could my lone sis not wish her naughtiest brother? Unfortunately, ushaz two naughty kids were playing with their GF in the playground when I called..lol and couldn’t feel their tender voice. My pant-dostzz :D did gift me those wonderful e-greeting, which was the best I could expect in this phoren-land. Thanks guys, those heartfelt wonderfully etched words did make my bday moments. Now since I have thanked you so much, I know you guys are so affectionately-beloved anatomical frames that you would surely forget my birthday party/bash. Mails from my closest friends were really enthralling.

Day also gave me a few surprise mails from the people, I never expected. Thanks to you people for all those goodie goodie words. Now, I got almost everything in the store, why the heck in this world I am rating this day as a “Not-again” days. Still, at the end of the day, there was a void. Was it because I did not watch Squadron Leader Veer romancing Zaara Ayahath Khan, as per the kind advice. Hope it is filled at the earliest. 50% remaining… 25%.... 1%... Completely filled up …….streets the place to go..bcoz tonight for the first time.. Just about half –past ten, for the first time in the history..its gotto stop raining men.. Its raining men.. haallooleeee..its raining men

When I read thru the “long-weekend” mail, from my HR, felt very nostalgic. Now, I don’t looovee to be out of my work for long days. I hate Long weekends.. I hate long weekends Mondays are my loveliest day in office ;)

Flash news: Since our mega kothi, is embarking on her first ascent to the abode of Lord Venkateshwara, my heartfelt wishes to her.

To all desi jantaa.. Have a nice long weekend. Happy Diwali. Have loads of sweet. Enjoii maadii

3 Comments:

Blogger Anil said...

Eiffel tower or most romantic city!! who is this Titanic Heroine by the way paks... ;)

i juss couldnt stop laughing at the wish bestowed by mitti... excuse me for interfering...

ondu henDati, nooru makkaLu...aadre ondu artha aaaglilla... devru enmaaDbeku illi, maaD bekagirodella pakku alva... ;). pakku clarify maaDo... LOLZ

In a way its good u were not in Bangalore u celebrated ur bday differently at NL... need to have diff exp dont u feel so? yeah it would have been much better if we were there to bump ur butts and have gala bala dinner... ;).

Since u have procrastinated ur bday treat we have obliged it, hence we will have once ur back in bangalore.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Lo anila..dont you think..mitti's statement needa li'l correction...its has to be..nooru jana hendanteeyaru...savira makkalu :D...

Le pakku yako barta barta..rayara kudure katte aythu antha...neenu barta barta istondu senti aagtideeya??

Anyways..awesome post! Many words added to my vocab...its show how poor I am...keep up the spirit!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:24:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@Mitti: Thanks for your "WISHES" [pakku biting his teeth.. going green]

@anila : Reread the blog. If ur so gnerous enuff to forget my tr8, I am sure you will be eager to give your long pending tr8s.

@SV : erisbedi sir.. gottu elliddivi antha naavu

Friday, November 04, 2005 3:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home