Sunday, April 15, 2007

Weekend Travel..

Of late, close-in friends have been alleging that I dont blog about my weekend locomote. Last few weekends, when I did share trip snaps, few of them tipped "loafer ninna yaaru nodbeku.. send us only melbourne snaps" (Idiot.. we dont need your snaps.. we need melbourne snaps). I could sense even the dried up Cauvery water basin in mandya cry in my small eyes. Albeit, an exaggeration though.

To be frank, myself realised that snaps had more solo snaps of me than group photos which is usually the trend in my photo bucket. No.. please dont let your phantasy thoughts to fly. Coincidentally, it was incidental :-)

Goneby weekend, had been to Ballarat. Again, the wonderful weather was soothing and refreshing to walk the whole daylight through.

To put in simple words, Ballarat is similar to Kolar Gold Fields in karnataka. But, the whole delta is, the environ in the city has been crafted to look like Ballarat of 1850's. Sounds inviting!! Yep, it was :-)

Courtesy, prior photo uploads, this time made sure, I dont feature myself in any of the photo-shoots and hence a mini-photo-guided tour of the golden city of Victoria, Ballarat.

People googling for Gold. And we did accumulate some gold dust :-). Everyday, the authorities throw some gold dust to water, to keep the tourists enthusiasm



Mirroring Ballarat of 1850's. Away from the city travails, it was nice experience to go back to 1850



Stones of Gold.. That was not in the museum.. it was right inside the mine..around 100 metres down under...



Right Inside the Mine..



Live demo of Gold extraction. That nugget was worth AUD 85K :-). No, I aint exaggerating


More snaps of Ballarat in 1850s





Awesome Ballarat Outback :-)

Have a wonderful week ahead

cheers...

2 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Wow Superb. The overcast weather adds to the beauty of 1850's! You are really going places Pakku. Do cover the entire down under including NZ.

Monday, April 16, 2007 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@SV: weather is the icing factor in most of my Melbourne trips.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home