Monday, November 29, 2010

India Trip 2010

I have some news to share. I am ON BENCH at work. In the last 5 years, this is the first time my ANNADAATA is not reaping any benefits of having me in its payroll. What a pity!!!!

Well, that doesn’t mean I don’t have work to do at my workplace. I feel there is more work and pressure to cater for when you are not billable to the company. Part and parcel of being associated with IT organisation :) Now I seriously want to utilise this downtime in honing up my jaded skillset and get some shine back in my armoury. One good step - started browsing the process for PMP certification. Again, started to browse through not study actively. It takes a lot of effort to shave off 8+ year of stagnated unsaturated fat to meet the peripheral usable brain-cells ;) I just hope there is sufficient motivation from all angles to achieve the unexpected.

It’s no wonder I did not write up my india trip here. I am such a lazy bum. As an yearly routine, I completed my this year quota of 4-week long vacation in India. It was quite a memorable trip of sorts. I stayed in Kadandale (Small town near Moodabidri) for nearly 3 weeks while spent a week in bengalooru. I never had thought I would be able to gel so well to village atmosphere . I like it. For the unknowns, please don’t visualise Kadandale as a village where people walk KM’s together to get drinking water, sandy lands, no power supply, muddy huts with red-tiled roofs, no mobile connectivity with one post office with STD connectivity etc. It is a gem of a place to be. Lush greenery, clean river flowing by, educated people (with near 100% literacy rate), lovely people with wonderful sense of humour, mobile connectivity etc. I love Kadandale. I don’t mind working out from there if such an opportunity presents itself. Also this place happens to be the birthplace of the founder of WoodLands (Chain of 5 star hotels around Southern India).

I enjoyed being pampered by my parents with ultimate mangalore delicacy and caring demeanour. Other interesting bit of my India trip this time - happened to go around various temples around Mangalore by using mass transport (KSRTC & Mangalore private buses). Apart from the divine bliss of mangalore temples (I love their divine sanctity, cleanliness, cultural discipline), it is great fun to travel the distance by mass transport. Ignore all the private transport and try it out, it is a great experience. Beware of any back spasms as the road infrastructure is still vert nascent.

For the first time, I happened to visit one more city in Karnataka – Hubli. Crowded, histrorical but nice place to be for its nice weather and warmth of known people :) But I one thing kept me thinking, why are people so roundish in that part of the world? ;-)

Haan, its 6pm in the evening and people around are already off for the day. Wow, that’s so sweet. More on my India trip to be carried forward tomorrow…….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home