Monday, June 19, 2006

Mangalore rocks ..

Being a 6' footer really helps guys, especially in the huge shopping malls of Singapore. More about this later, as I have to rush to office at the earliest. Hope there aint any Monday Morning blues.

And for those people, who always cribbed, for me talking about Mangalore ....here is more, Why I call myself a proud mangie, even though I have not stayed there for more than 2 months. Jhorr kaa Jhatkaa dheerae se lage :-)

http://www.time.com/time/asia/photoessays/2006/remaking_india/mangalore.html

http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/501060619/mangalore.html

6 Comments:

Blogger Pakku said...

@Kandykane: Welcome. Mangalore would surely embrace you :-)

Monday, June 19, 2006 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Aha.. thats another NRM for me to be friends with, is it?:)
NRM - Non Resident Mangalorean!! :)

So how does a 6 footer get the advantage in the malls of Singapore?? You can eye all the pretty girls, is it?:)

Monday, June 19, 2006 6:12:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@Smiling Girl: Thanks for dropping, tulugu girl.

Pretty Girls in SG?? huhh.. yet to feel it :-(

Monday, June 19, 2006 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Prashanth said...

Good one pakku! Makes me nostalgic! I can almost feel every bit that the author is talking about. Haven't been there in the past 6 months and the articles sure make me enthu to visit it soon!
But nevertheless, I loved the sleepy town with huge houses having huge courtyards rather than this Bangalore-clone it is developing into!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:14:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

Yoo Prax, I seriously hope it doesnt become Bangalore Phase-2, albeit its showing signs of it :-(..Hope you get to be there at the earliest and freak to the max :-)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Harsha said...

Mangalore totally rocks... I still cant believe that Mangalore made it to TIME...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home