Monday, April 17, 2006

End of a long weekend...

Its not new that I sit in this place, in front of my dabba, surrounded by open window panes. But tonight, I am accompanied by chill-breeze trying to embrace me tight. Believe me, it feels very relaxed, every time a wave of breeze(stupid phrase:D) blows over your face.

Extended weekend due to sad reasons was actually curtailed to 3 days, as the first day was no-starter at all. All the other days went by trying to "google" what suits my frame on the D-day. Still, I am yet to choose one. Yeah, cloth-selection is not my forte. Lots of time zoomed past just by browsing for her photos. Yeah, I now have a repetoire of kewl snaps and still counting.

Actually, there was so much free-time, I started to think, how could I utilise the time for something good. First thing, which struck my mind was cleaning my room. Yeah it is one big mess. Any of my close-in friends would write a testimonial on it. And in doing so, really impressed my mom. As a result, I have to do it daily, thanks to sustained abscence of our house-maid, chikkamma. Guys, you need any gyaan on this, here it is:

1) Hold the broom, parallel to the floor. Just lift the handle (tail of the broom) so much that your fingers do not touch the floor, while in action.

2) In order to get max ROI (:D), take all your body-weight onto your front-foot , such that your knees are folded. Dont bring your knees in contact with the floor. Now half of your body-weight is transferred to your thighs. your back should sit on the back-legs. Your height is almost halvened now.

3) Now that your in a proper posture, sweep the broom from 0-ish degree (taking yourself as the centre, it comes to your right, if your right-handed ) to 90 -ish degree (now the broom is right in front of you).

4) Its actually the converse of the sweep-shot played in cricket. There it is from 90 to 180 degrees. Well, if your a fanatic cricketer, you can do this way too

5) Unlike in cricket, we do not have fielders to catch the kachraa. Its upto us, to catch hold of it. One important thing, collect the dust on regular intrevals, so that you would not have to sweep the dust again.

6) In phase-2, move a bit towards your right, and do the converse of Step 3. Just that your doing a 180ish to 90ish variation.

7) Its almost a semi-circle sweep now. Based on the broom-length, you would have atleast covered an area of 1/2 (pi) r (square), where r is the length of the broom. guys, please correct if i am right or wrong in formulae?

8) Task not completed yet, move ahead and complete the floor-area by repeating Step 3 and 6:D

Believe me guys, its real fun, compared to moving the vacuum cleaner gun around places. You really burn some fat. But please please, never perfect it, so that your not an regular into it.

You should always leave some traces of dust, so that your mom thinks that you are sweating it out just for her and not for your fun. Finally, do this stuff, when your parents are upset with you. Pretty sure, you would get some accolades for it. Akhir hum log tho unke Suputra hain....hain naa boyzzzz

Monday again.. Hope it goes on smooth .. Have a nice week ahead juntaa...

3 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, April 17, 2006 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Good "Steps" Paks. It gives me a clear impression that you did it for the VERY FIRST TIME :D!!!

My Bhaabi is very lucky to have a "guy" like you :))

So you Enjoyed your B(r)ooooming weekend!! Kewl! Please do it every weekend....

"Impressed your mom" hmm :-? ...aunty tuje "acchi ladki" doondegi ..zyaada buttering nahi chayiye ROTFL!

Monday, April 17, 2006 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@pramod: well.. it wasnt my first time. I ahve done it from childhood days. Its only that I thot of making it a blog-material.

Monday, April 17, 2006 2:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home