Thursday, January 12, 2006

Long Term Planning :))

After a week long enticing vacation, I was greeted with glee at my office, well ofcourse for the Chocs which was there in my Bagpack. To the delight, I lived upto the expectations of my colleagues to a certain extent.

The last few days have been a bit hectic albeit for the project delivery. But still, meetings, design review talks and Interviews have almost eaten up the official quota of working hours punctuated with informal cubical talks with mates around. This fondly reminsces of my colleague who had once quipped "I pain my desk mates a lot" sharing the cubicle. Well, fond memories always bring in a smile on your face.

The most interesting topic of todays informal CUBICLE session was Interviews. Yours Truly, being a part of the Interview Panel had really quite a nice laughter time. All the mates who work in my cubicle being senior INT panelists had some real crazy stuff to share. Let me share one such interesting stuff - I am a part of the INT panel and its a TCON with a Mumbai candiadate on a friday evening, happened in around Sept 1st week

INT Panel : Hello blah blah.....
Ms. Alpha: blah blah..

INT Panel: Can we have a brief technical talk with you ?
Ms. Alpha : I have now entered the PUB today being Friday

INT Panel : (Pakku sketches the clothing attire of the gal) Shall we postpone it to some other time?
Ms. Alpha : Let me come out and we can then talk.

Mutual Tech talk for around 4-5 minutes..

INT Panel : Are you open to work from our Bangalore ODC ?
Ms. Alpha : Well, I dont have any issues working out of Bangalore, if your company XYZ feels worth of me, above all Bangalore has lot of Pubs for me to freak out. So no issues from my end.

Pakku thinks he HAS a partner for his weekend extravganaza to SPINN

Unfortunately, she could not make it. The Cream of it all, which happened to one of my senior colleague looking for .NET professionals :

INT Panel: There is a gap of around 7 years between your Class 12 and Bachelors graduation. Why is it so ?

Candiadate : It was basically intended as long-term planning (Candiadate explains how he sat one extra year to write his CET papers and extended his Engg Project Schedules to achieve Perfection in results and finally ended up getting mediocre results)

How I wish I could see the reaction of the Interviewer, when the term "Long-term" was used :-)). Real refreshing entertainer in my cubicale after a hectic presentation. No wonder our cubicle has become the most BUZZING.

With no sorts of derision to all those candiadates, I wish they come good on their day and display their worth to the World.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Actually, me being a Microsoft professional....got a chance to interview a person wo is currently working in Microsoft. He claimed the was very conversant with C#, that sever and this server...
I was shocked by his answers in technical round!!!

Saturday, January 14, 2006 4:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home