Thursday, January 26, 2006

Power of Communities

I always wondered why companies world over are providing their valuable space for people to communicate with unknown people for free on their portals. Basically, why there was a craze for online Communities world over.

As usual, doing othla at office, I felt a sigh of glee when I saw a mail with a familiar sender Name. With a sense of joy and an eagerness to read more in the mail, I opened the mail. My first glimpse was the number of lines in the mail, just 2 lines. Since that being the norm these days considering that people are very busy, I started reading the mail. Much to my astonisment, it was a Hi-intro mail from a person whom I did not know, but for the name. Basically, the mail was sent from a member of Mangalorean online community.

I being so penchant about "tuluver"(Mangaloreans), replied duly. Within hours of the first mail, enough number of mails was exchanged on both the ends. Finally, since the mobile number of the other end was already communicated, it was just a matter of using my doorsampark. With all those initial pleasantries, I was up for a big surprise.....

Me : From which college you had the campus placement(expecting one of those hi-fi Bangalore college names) ?
S A: I did it in Tiptur

Me: (pleasant shock) What, dont tell me this...
S A: Yeah, I studied in KIT, Tiptur. Y you know any1 there...

Me :(Mouth wide open as if Bush had arrested Bin laden) which batch and branch ?
S A : 2005.. CSE

Me :(Che) is it..... blah blah blah (my side of engineering days)
S A : You know Sowk ?

Me : Yes I do, She is my good friends sister. You know Pram ?
S A: Haan, I know him

Me : (Duffer, I was always beside him, you did not notice me) nice coincidence :(

S A : Yeah nice coincidence


Well, never ever thought I would meet my junior this way. How I wish I was part of the EAGLES gang in my Engineering days, which had every bit of info about Mandakini Hostel :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home