Monday, December 18, 2006

Trapped ..

Gone by weekend had just the right ingredient of fun and relaxation. While, Sunday relaxed on the couch, Saturday was quite an affair. Our account manager had arranged for a team gettogether followed by a sponsored dinner. Yep, for a change :-)

As decided, junta turned up as per the Indian standard time in Singapore. After, a round of moral-boosting talks by our “dear” manager, we were let out to spread the “wings”. Nearby stall in Expo, showcased the Xmas sale of Nike products. We just barged in ala sniffer dogs.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the “Nike” style of shoes I was looking for. My colleague just got too frustrated, looking at my rejection rate. Finally, stopped advising and just walked away from my view. Too much of requirements 

Dejected, came out of the show and then saw a huge influx of people getting into one of the Expo stalls. Our Boss got too excited, and we heeded to his excitement, by just following him like a herd. After all, he was treating us!!! *sarcastic smile*

There was this huge serpentine queue, which we followed, followed and followed. And, finally we saw people greeting us as though we had come to marriage party. Excited we were that an expatriate is getting so much attention, we just went in to the huge huge complex..just like an indoor cricket stadium.

Along the pathway, I could hear people singing and waving, but actually couldn’t quite understand what they were saying. Well, when you have a cute gal asking your whereabouts, you ignore the mass. There was this maybe 20000 – 25000 crowd assembled in one single place. Yep, in Singapore!! It can be considered as a benchmark for how huge gatherings are to be held smoothly. Every person was taken care of, till he settled down in his seat.

The hall was an acoustic wonder. Huge huge display screens portrayed the proceedings in the centre. The whole crowd was in sync, like waves. I had never seen such a huge crowd, live. And just when I thought that the “Singapore Idol” was performing, I was in for a major shock.

The crowd was singing the praise of their GOD. I just could not believe myself that I had fallen into the trap. Me being a proud hindu, just could not withstand my prescence there. I am not against any religion; neither do I practice it in open. But, I have a strong belief in what I believe. Frustrated, just could not find any place to exit. Moreover, coming out of such a huge gathering in the middle, was just not the clever thing to do.

Fortunately, I could track the gal who led us to our seats. Somehow, I got to convince her that, we had reached the wrong place and we were not of that sect. Considerate she was, we came out of the assembly from backdoor. Yippie!!! Thank GOD, bacchh gayaee!!

Signed off the day with an awesome dinner retreat punctuated by a soothing margarita. Quite an eventful weekend it was.

Moral of the story: Never follow your manager ..hauahahahahaha

Have a nice week ahead.
pakku

3 Comments:

Blogger Anil said...

Nike shoes LOL!! I know wat ur thinkin [;)]!!

Moral of the story "follow gal not the manager" [;)]

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:53:00 AM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

You missed the "Cute" part of teh gal anila :)))))))

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:56:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@anila: I know thats your motive ;-)

@SV: you have a keen eye for such kind of details :D

Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home