Friday, December 17, 2010

India Trip 2010 ctd....

To say I was busy over the last fortnight would be an prevarication because I surely was not. But I was engaged in so many other things in life which did not provide any room for writing here. So let me get back to my revered india trip :)

I carried over some wonderful baggage of sweet moments from my trip to hubli. Although it was a day trip, there was a intense feeling of belonging and triumph :). Back in Kadandale, it started raining all animals and it did dampen my spirits a bit. Worst bit of rains in kadandale is that, it accompanies extreme lightning and thunder. To the extent of being fatal if you don’t take proper precautions before it strikes you. Switching of electrical appliances (ensuring the plugs are taken off from sockets), mobile phone switched off, rubber-sole footwear inside home etc., Buoy I have never been exposed to such a musical lightning dance of nature. Lightning which lights up the entire region as though bright sun was shining on us. Sound of thunders which sends shivers down your spine.

Initially, I was not exposed to all the above precautionary measures and many a times I was caught speaking on my iphone with near ones while the nature was yelling out loud. And I used to stand near the open window panes, so close to the proximity of thunders and lightning with hardly any blockers to make my body as a conductor of extreme electricity (which could be generated in the process). Sounds crazy eh. I love standing near the window panes and see the rain drops kiss the soil and the pleasant smell it generates. Just watching the rains in itself gives me some pleasure. And in metro city, it is very hard to find opn areas and look out at a horizon of green fields, trees, just open fields. Sounds pleasant eh! So after being cautioned (read thrashed) by my parents, I had to learn the Kadandale way of living during showers. No regrets though. Staying far away from the modern amenities like internet, TV, mobile etc is a bliss in itself. It just pains a bit when someone is awaiting for your response on the other end :)

One disappointment of my stay in Kadandale was my inability to find the right furnishings for our new home at an affordable price. May be I did not know the right places to go. Wherever I went rates were just sky-high. Putting on my economics thinking cap, no wonder its said – Less demand, low supply and high cost.

Of my near 3 week stay, I had become a known entity in few of the private bus service around kadandale. One thing to admit about buses in kadandale, they are just not big (like height of the passenger-standing area) enough for 6 footers. So every time I hopped onto a bus, I had to switch on my hawk-eyes for a vacant seat. And kadandale being the starting point, it was easy to find one. There were atleast 3-4 instances I travelled standing on the bus(on my return trips). Ghossh.. I so felt my back and spinal chord. Not at all advisable. One such trip happened to be during the early hours of monday morning where the college going gang just came coming, coming and coming in every bus-stop. It was just so amazing to see passengers squeezing themselves to allow the new ones to get on. Believe me in a 32 (?) seater bus, I reckon there would have been atleast 90-100 people travelling at most of the journey. Add to it, the “great Indian village roads”. Hop on and strap on but no seat belts provided, just use your fellow passengers body to balance yours and vice-versa :)

It was quite an emotional farewell as my mommy dear got very emotional. I wished she could come to Bangalore to see me off but then never mentioned as I did not want to throw upon her a 2-night return travel. She just doesn’t like to travel and travel is always so taxing on her body. And there was a selfish motive in hoping she would be in Bangalore. Ever since I grew up as a teen from a kiddo boy, I have this habit of asking my mom to see me off moreso on the big occasion days. It was the exams during my teens or job interviews and off late, for my overseas trips. I just missed it this time mom, but I know you had all your wishes blessed on me when I left kadandale. Love!!

Final week in Bengalooru!! And I am back on my wings. My Honda :). Relief and happiness. Stay in BLR is sandwiched with frequent visits to wonderful restaurants serving the best of the cuisines, shopping, friends and friends :). Only delta this time was I had to compromise on my shopping by picking up apparels from nearby super-malls, than go searching for the favourite ones to every nook end corner of BLR. Special mention of my bike-trip to Café Coffee day near kormangala in the evening hours of a Friday . Loved the fun-filled hours and I am sure will never forget the female who was sitting opposite to me with a blazer on(black one with shades of blue stripes). I don’t think she was a student from a nearby business school nor was the weather cold enough to warrant a blazer-on while you are seated in air-conditioned place. Was she trying to hide something from the surround ? What was it ? They say world is small, so if you(female) are reading this, can you answer me? Ok ok, I don’t warrant an answer, that was just the naughty pakku at work :)

As with any desi trips, you tread not to take the return flight back. But the day had to come and came flashing at me in no time. Such a short stay in BLR and I could not meet many people who I wanted to. But then there is always a next time J

Return trip to Melbourne was the most quickest and happiest till date. I had no time in transit at Singapore. Had to jog hard with my baggage to make sure I did not miss my Melbourne bound flight. I don’t mind running in such class airports like Singapore. You rock Changi :) As always, once you step into Tullamarine airport feeling of a home away form home kicks in. Love you Melba :)

Have a nice weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home