Saturday, November 12, 2005

mein aur mera bachpan....

Late in the night, changing the dutch channels, I am trying to pullover as many warm clothes available to keep myself warmer. Thanks to our landlady, who pinches bills in terms of hundreds of Euros, but does not want to switch on the Heaters. Damn, its getting biting cold here, added to that I am the lone person in a big room. Now, if I were to be a kid, I would surely have grabbed some dry sticks and lit it up in our backyard or in a huge ground with the help of my chaddi-dostzz. If I try doing it here, I would end up meeting the fire-brigade.

Childhood is always special, esp when you reminise those easy-going days. Tantrums, masti, jhoot-bolnaa, games played in a 10-minute break at school, the wait for the only 30min PT period in a week(which did not have any kind of Physical Training), wat not. May be I feel this nostalgia because as I am alone in this orange-land; I was always with my friends, always trying to be more commanding and authoritative. Friends they were, at such a nascent stage of school-days, no individual could even know what friendship would mean. It was always like pinku is my friend, if shez celebrating her bday on a given day, so that I can go with her distributing chocolates to classrooms and in turn fill my tummy. Now the very next day, you could see me saying Chintu, you are my best friend of all. Wasn’t that fun! The tenderness in your heart, silly logics I carried over making friendship with any odd person on a given day, makes me spurt over with laughter. Then, I never understood what relations were, may be I was too nascent for such kind of thinking. I never knew, if the other person was good enough or goliath. Albeit I was a LLB (Lords of Last Bench), thanks to my physical height, I wasn’t that kind of a guy, where parents of my benchmates carried complaints to our classteacher about Pinching, troubling, slapping,stealing the compass. But I wasn’t decent either. I was always on the list of talkatives authored by the fairer sex Class Rep. Thankfully, due to the voting phenomenon in the class, our gang-of-five, used to always share the mantle, when it came to representation among boys. And we made it sure, that each others name never figured in the list. But as usual, our enemies in school, the fairer sex-representative, had a default list with our names. Wasn’t she that phoolan devi kinds!! Only way to get off from her list, was pataafying her with one 50 ps Cadburys Chocolate. :)

True fun it was, one never expected any damn thing from the other. We would be happy staying in a group and making fun of each and every thing. I miss those stuff. Growing up with time makes you a “mature” person. We get to know what is good, bad, Rupees, bank balance, vehicles, gals, ogling, mallikas, aishwarya etc. You even think twice, if you want to initiate a talk with a person with whom you would be working in the next cubicle. Unknowingly, people tend to go farther away, even when you have good relations. Consequences of growing with time, I donno.

Now, I seriously wish to go back to those nice-fun-filled days with my so-called-friends and relive those moments esp, hit the butt of those arrogant class topping girls, who felt a boy in the top-3 rankers, is a shame to the religion of women, play chalk-piece war, get scolded for the dust-filled shoes, half-eaten lunch dabbas, fun in those summer holidays, everyday hard-sharp “pannna” to the legs of the guys, daily gathering for the National anthem( hope I havnt forgotten), dance programmes on School-Day function. Ohh buoy, the list will go on.

Asking for gone-by times, is a bit too much, but atleast I get a chance to relive those times, when I spend time with naughty bhanjaas’, when I return back to India. As of now, the surround is going more and more chill, which is making my timing on the keys a lot slower. Better I hit the bed hard asap.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Mes planning on a long weekend date with trisha on my bed.

Cheerios.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

hmm...it took me back to summer holidays where we used to collect the "cork" seeds to make cork ball, bench leader, class leader, bribing the leader to "erase" our names from the board.

Good One paks!

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Anil said...

yo!! do i know the 'fairer sex represesntative' u referring to...?? yes is the answer tats wat my intuition says me...;)!! hope u find her soon...:)

u have evoked those golden days again with this blog!! moments to be cherished!! those were the ethos of every individual's lyfe when we look at it now!!

n the best part was abt the imaginary n craziest stories tat wud be made abt bermuda triangle or ufo... absolutely was fun!!

keep tat coming paks..!!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home