Monday, June 26, 2006

Office Office!!!

Monday morning early in office, well this time no blues it was only green all around. Yikess!! Not that morning green. P3A, I know what you would be thinking. Naughty Minds laa!! laa, people here use that syllable just like how we use na in kannada. Some fine day, I will also start speaking in singlish, once in a while, it sounds good :-) \
Monday and no blues, thanks to my diligence, had sent the timesheet on friday evening itself. hehehehe. Late realisation after my manager sent a reminder mail last week. Oh guys, now dont burst out. I hate writing the Effort/Timesheet mail, it is just so disgusting. I work for the whole week and above that I need to publicise what I did. Well, for once I thought of putting 0.5 billable hours for Timesheet entry :-). Now one fine day, when I become a SPM, I will remove all the timesheet stuff, and ask my bhai-log, to provide the damn results on the specified day. What a great manager I would be *Applause in the background* (Company Quarterly results would slide like the numbers on Black Monday in Dalal Street)
Peacefully working on my workstation, my colleague approaches me for some usual project based information and signs off commenting"Woow Pakku, you had a Haircut!!! You look very kewll today". I respond back with a sarcastic grin. Huhh, kya log hain yaar, I was happily dreaming that this time atleast I would have long lockss, likes of John bidu, Hrithik and he says you look good after the haircut. huhh
Sporting long hairs, with indian tricolor draped to my forehead, with all the biking gear (without helmet) riding the new Phanthom (not mine, my roomies) cruising along at 80-90 kmph making the hairs to shy against the winds.. phaataassshhhhh!!! Everything spoilt just like Alis' dreams in Dhoom
Well, its not that I would heed to him. But we should never comment to the same gender log about their physical appearance (once in a while, getting compliments from opp s** is good, but from guys, yikesss). I feel so irritated. Especially at the workplace, when you are chalking out a new implementation pattern for your module and it just rips your concentraion across. This gets me contemplating on the things I hate most in and around my workplace:
- Desktop Wallpapers and ScreenSavers, which sport movie stars. I hate those. Previously in the start of my career, I had the craze for such kinds. But, office computer, sure NO. woh tho kaam ke liye hai bhailog, samjha karo.
- Lousy loud mobile ringtones, whose volume could even wake up kumbhakarna (the sleeping brother of rakshas Ravan). But, yeah I would not mind melodious songs like Nuvvu Nuvvu Nuvvae Nuvvu or Nuvvasthanante Nenoddantanaa or for that matter any peppy number from a Trisha movie. Strong NO to ringtones which yells babys cry or laughter or girls Hello tones.
- Loud Music: Hate any loud rap/jazz song from the speakers which would divert my concentraion. If people are so enthu to listen, for what the heck are those headsets for. samjha karo juntaa!!
- Hate looking at those girly things on their cubicle. Those teenie-weenie hair-clips, bindi-box, and scarf they wear while riding, inkie-pinkie cum keychain or what not attached to the mobiles hook. Wonder if the cell phone is there to make/recieve calls or to carry those stupid things which weigh more than what the cell phone does. Just dont understand why dont they stuff into their tinie-peenie hand-bag they carry!!!
- Papers-around-the-place cubicles: what should I say for these!!! Organisation gives you files, folders and all the required stationery to keep it in a more organized manner, but still. Pathetic!! Feels like taking my Coffee and purposefully spilling it over those important papers and saying "saare Files/folders ghar le gayaa kya". Well, I used to be like this, but a dear friend of mine who used to be my cubicle-mate (best till date), just taught what a difference it makes!! Hope you are reading this dudette.
- Meetings after lunch!! huhh such a boring thing to do in office.
- The tupp-tupp sound made by those gals who wear high heels. Wonder if they think they are walking the ramp!! huhh
I can just go on and on...but its getting a bit too much now, let me coook sumthing for myself. My tummy is yelling :-(

3 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Le why have you become such a crib master mann? You have problems with everything! Keep your "ideals" for your self :D

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

Cribbing alla Sir!! It was just my expectations.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

hmmm

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home