Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Down the memory lane..

Yesterday, reading SV’s excitement about his return from US, retraced my memory cells back to those lovely days. Memorable days they were and remain so eternally.

Right after my first year in professional field, I started dreaming of flying overseas. My manager, whenever an opportunity was there, rightfully pushed me through the queue. But, the first one was a bitter experience. I was literally shattered when I had to cancel my US visa appointment on my manager’s behest. Feeling the disappointment in me, she just said “Don’t worry… age is with you, you will get umpteen” (not actually remember the words, but it meant so)

Thanks to her, the whole team got another chance within two months of the above episode. When we did return back after 3 months, we were just enthufied to the core. Especially me, because I was carrying that elusive lucrative goodies from my client. (Fortunately, I never opened it, yep, fortunately)

Ecstatic I was about my return from the land of opportunities, had informed all my close-in friends to such detail as even the flight timings. SingAir – SFO to Singapore to Bangalore – 10 pm – Oct 16 2004. I was so kiddish those days, sometimes boast myself as US-return within my family(as if I had stayed there for aeons). ohh ghosshh.. how childish could I have been !!!

The return wasn’t a pleasant sight though. We had to go begging for a trolley in the arrival lobby, which resembled an indoor market. An international flight passenger was deprived of trolleys to carry out their luggage. After almost 1.5 hours, we got a trolley thanks to conventional bribing. Also courtesy the long delay, all three of us did not have to undergo that “traditional” customs exercise.

Two years have flown by, and have taken few overseas journeys, but none can overtake the joy of my US return. It was the people around; people back home, professional experience and joy of having flown over pacific which made it special. Now, as I plan my return trip to bangalore, am more worried about my future, family, dollars and thyself. Seriously!!!

Sometimes, responsibility can take the sheen out of such trivial (?) things, which would sound more enticing years back.

SV.. have a pleasant trip and get ready for the serpentine queue of your pending treats.. kyoon kii, Don vaapas aa raha hai..

4 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Hmm...the trolly tragedy is no better even now.

Waiting to you see paks. You too have a pleasant trip.

Btw, Don...kaun? Tum?... Don? yaa mein? :D gimme a break buddy!

serpentine treat? For what? Well...treats are pending from your side than mine I suppose!! Nin Maduve oota saakagolla namge .... we want bachelors party...a Grand one...I know wats cooking with you :D

Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@SV: haa haa.. tum DON ko nahin jaante hoo..gyaarah mulko kii police DON ko doodh rahi hai.. aur hum srirampuram slum mein chuppe hai.. aur tum bolthe hoo kii DON nahin jaante.. sharam kar baccha

now frm where did my marriage pop up.. abhi toh hum horlicks peetha huaa bacchaa hoon..

Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

"horlicks peetha huaa bacchaa" as Srirampuram Bhai? Huhahaha....

Friday, December 22, 2006 4:47:00 AM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Aur Ek baath...sirf horlicks peeyo....aur kuch nahin..ok!

Friday, December 22, 2006 4:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home