Monday, July 10, 2006

Cinematic Weekend

Parthiban Kanavu (Dreams of Parthiban), Hum Tum, Sukran, Style, Alaipayuthey, Dalapathi, Hera Pheri, Mumbai se aaya mera Dost, Kalyug, Captain Vijayakanths sucker

No, I am not listing down the upcoming movies on TV this week. The above are the movies with which I got entertained over the weekend. Truly a cinematic weekend! While I drooled over Snehas' eyes in Parthiban kanavu, Hum Tum brought back my sweet memoirs with my kothi-colleague, stunning dialogue delivery by Vijay in Sukran, pathetic comic scenes in Style, Alaipayuthey- my word repo is not as rich t0 describe this classic, favourite thalaiva rocked the screen as Dalapathi- courtesy Mani, comical genius of Paresh rawal in Hera Pheri, pathetic Lara in Mumbai se..., brain-cell sucker in one of those Vijaykanth movie and finally signed off with lovely songs in Kalyug.

Well, I did not watch them completely but for a few favourites. Just goes to show, how a lazy goon like me can spend the weekend, heating up the sofa. I shall rather complain it on the gloomy pathetic weather in this place.

As a matter of fact, I was never a movie freak. I had watched only 2 movies in theatre until I started my IT career. One at the age of 2 and other around 10. The former I do not remember and the latter do not want to mention. Yeah, it was a kasturi kannadada kanmani Rajkumar starrer "Akasmika" :-(. But, then I felt Annavru is the Best and had the feeling of watching an epic :-).

Less or no interest in movie-watching was bcoz we were brought up in an environment, where movie-watching was a crime at early stages of our education. Truly so!! Seriously, have to thank my parents for that. If I were to be a movie bluff in my early days, wonder if I would have reached this level. It is a different thing that I spent those hours in the cricket ground:-). Well, with cricket you atleast get some physical experience, with movies you only remember the oomph factor (hehehehe not always though). Even to this days, I make sure that I do not go to theatres for Night show. Oops, now the pervert minds, dont start commenting on this!! An act for which my p3a juntaa, acclaims it as girlie. Damn, who cares!!

But of late, it is a totally different pakku. The madness which started with Aishwaryas stunner in HDDCS, raw talent of Kajol in Dushman, the exuberating energy of Shahrukh, acting prowess of Rani, then cutting across language barriers to Thalaiva Rajnikanths sheer mass-entertainers , or for that one gorgeous smile of average-looking Trisha (making me go bizarre, as I googled for her email ID and when I got one-duffer she did not respond back :-( ), her chirpiness in Nuvvasthanantae...., her raw beauty in Varsham or Ghilli, Cutie Madhavan in Alaipayuthey, rollicking dance sequences of Simran, Vijays sheer larger-than-human image, Surya's killer instincts in Kaakha Kaakha, evergreen Ramyakrishna in Padayappa, sheer celluloiod prescence of Soundarya, Snehas eyes which says it all, our own Anniyan Vikram Saamy, Bangaram Pavan, Pokiri Athadu Maheshbabu...to top it all Devraja Sahay of BLACK ..huhh the list never ends. Please note that I have started watching movies in the past year or so.

Just Imagine, what I would be if I were to watch movies from my childhood days. Grateful to myself, that I did not do so.

Well, for the people who are thinking me as an utter waste-dumb-goodfornothing-lazy beanbag, I do have a corporate identity. Oops! I cannot reveal it here though (as if I am the next Shiv Nadar in the making *evilish grin*)

Other than the movies, I did prepare Chicken Biriyani at home with my friend. But, yeah before I started cooking, I could only reminisce Smiling Girls blogpost and max I could do was to say "Sorry lady" to myself :-(.

The below words just imbibed some instinct to start-off the week in style:

"Content makes poor men rich; discontentment makes rich men poor. If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins."
Benjamin Franklin, 1706 - 1790

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home