Tuesday, July 25, 2006

MY Trip

It has been quite a while, I updated this space, courtesy my current workload at office. Last fortnight has been the most happening times of recent past. Let me take few moments to pen down my feelings before I lose track.

Thanks to abscence of one of the Tech Architect here, I was handed over an added responsibility of coming up with an arch. design. This paved way for a kind of work, which I used to think of at the personal acumen level but was never involved in an official enterprise level. So, the design was given a go-ahead. And the very next day, I had to take the flight to KL. Yep Kualalampur, Malaysia(MY). Just like they say, it was like GODs were conspiring for me to goto MY.

As was thought off, the official trip was a strenously packed stuff. I had to just mentally prepare for such an outing and so I was. But, never did I dream of what was in store until I started working in KL.

KL, which takes pride as the Worlds Best Airport (in 15M-25 M p.a passenger category) was true to its glory. Since I had taken the early morning 6 am flight, I had to rush back to my hotel room and then to office. S0, bid adieus thinking that I shall surely embrace the airport when I fly back to SG. The journey from airport to my hotel room was smooth without any hassles and everything was on time till then.

My company had booked a room in Le Meridian- one of the top-notch Hotel suites in KL. The greedy I am about the sky-scrapers, ordered the Reception for a room in the top floors of the hotel. Well, although they made me wait for an hour, true to their fame, I got what I want.

Just imagine, the view overlooking the Petronas Twin towers in the horizon and the likes of Menara, National Parliament, National Library with the 4-lane roads defining the borders. woww, the awesum view is just etched onto my brain cells.

Well, the next 3 days, I did not even get a chance to open the window curtains, thanks to the packed up work schedule. The whole fun of staying in such a place was lost :-(. One more thing which I miss is the "jumbo" breakfast. Well, I may need one more blogpost to list down the savouries:-)

The shortened weekend had me step into the DISCO for the first time in my life. The person who felt disc is always for Page3 people was now one among them. More on this in my next post. The rain-GODs tried best to stop me from visitng to Petronas towers, but thanks to my MY colleagues we made it. And we did it in style. Yep, let me this also in my next.

Now, it would be true injustice if I do not mention about the people I was associated with in KL.

* S, manager for MY operations. Well, she was a real sport. Contrary to her designation, she just mingled with us like just another gal. She stayed with us late night just for moral reasons. Albeit, her bad cold, she accompanied us over weekend fun. Buoy, you truly deserve an sensuous applause for your down-to-earth attitude. True model for those typical attitude females. One personal comment- contrary to her designation, she looks like a typical college-going girl. You know why, she loves fruits way too much :-)

* NK, the funny chap in the group. He has the ability to prick your humour nerves with any subject. He is just too good. Even around 1 in midnight, the office-floor could echo our laughter. This is what they call fun-at-work. Thanks to him, I had my first rendezvous with disc. You rock buddy! Keep smiling

* RM, the cool, smart, well-built guy in the team. He just thrives on his charisma. Too good a person to be missed out in a fun-group like us. Yep, he rocked the dance floor.

Although, I spent few days with them, but I missed them badly yesterday. Anways, life has to go on, it is just that some people automatically get etched onto us.
cheerios.. more in my next post

3 Comments:

Blogger Somu said...

Wonderful blog paks. The joy can be felt through your words :) Hope you have lot lot and looooooot more success and fun-filled days at work.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:37:00 PM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Cool man.. KL!!!

Good for u!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:27:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@somu: woowwww.. look who has cum down to this space :-) thanks somu

@SG: hmm.. not sure. but really enjoyed the ppl in KL :-)

Friday, July 28, 2006 12:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home