Thursday, December 21, 2006

Funny guy..

Last few days, my “dear” company had asked me to tag along in a process called “Technical Interview”. Yep, you guessed it right. This is the ordeal where a moron like me would be cosily sitting in a 15 degrees monitored AC enclosure, trying hard to “fevicol” himself to the warm jacket, and imitates to judge the other person sitting miles (never know if they are taking the call in the rest room.. sometimes the speaker “flushes”) away in an hour or two. Well, if the candiadate belongs to the “male” species, my fella interviewer would see me noting down points to every concept answered. If it’s “fe”-prefixed species, I would be sketching her face by virtue of her voice. (Hang on you P3A pervert minds, it was just words)

Yesterday, after the official hours my colleague mailed me the profile of the candidate to be INT’d. First glance at the attachment, my eyes popped out. Any guess? You guessed it wrong! There wasn’t any Kangana Rawat’s jpeg in the attachment. But, the profile was very known. I knew the candidate personally from past 2 years. But, was not in touch with him for the past 5 months. The worst part was he knew that I was working here.

The dead brain cells in me woke up like a phoenix and an ultimatum was passed to my fellow interviewer that

“My name would be Rahul in the Interview”, with a firm voice.

“Why Rahul?”. quipped back my colleague SK

“arre samjha kar yaar, KKHH mein SRK kaa naam Rahul tha”

SK had stars over his head. No they wernt his Citibank Internet banking password (how I wish I could decrypt it!!)

Conducting an interview for a person sitting in India can be very educational. You can try as many accents of the language you know. If he understands what actually I am trying to convey, yippie, mera soft skills zindabad!!

Some transcripts of the Interview:

Scene 1:

SK: Can you brief me about the technical framework at client place ABCD

Candidate: Hey SK, come on mann, you know the technical framework there *me zonked*

SK: Excuse me…

Candidate: Hey SK, I know you have worked on that project after I left

SK: %(@%^#$&*@^&*@^*#@ Let me learn some more from you. Can you please elaborate on the project? *pakku ROFL*

Scene 2:

SK: *Some very very advanced technical question*

Candidate: SK, I knew you would ask this question.
*me seriously laughing the heck out, seeing SK’s expression*

SK: You are well-prepared then, can you answer it.

As the Interview, went through for almost 2 hours, he could not recognize my voice thanks to my changed name and waddever accent.

Scene 3:

Rahul aka Pakku: Mr.Candidate, do you have any questions for us?

Candidate: I don’t. Actually, I know your project completely.

Rahul aka Pakku: *abe saala. FBI mein tha kya?* That’s great. So what do you expect from us?

Candidate: Nothing. My friends work there, I know what to expect.

Rahul aka Pakku: *arre.. no wonder some girl was spying us ;-)* Okie

Now you would understand why I became Rahul. If he knew I was pakku, he would have started asking about my personal story for sure and ended with umpteen questions on nightlife in Singapore. Huhh

As aish would term it, he was a “Funny guy”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home