Friday, December 29, 2006

Timer(s) ticking....

D (My first Manager here for 2 odd months): Hey P(r)akash Good Morning (people here hardly spell the letter ‘r’, you can just see my ears bleeding, when they utter Pakkassh.. ok don’t ROFL now)

Me: Hey Very Good Morning… watsup? How are you doing?

D: Heard you are flying back to Bangalore? *Goodness me, he still remembers my homeplace. Hail Bangalore!*

Me: *News has spread. Nice* Nope, I have resigned and yet to decide on my return!!

D: Hey, that’s bad. You are very good; XXXX (encrypted customer I work for) would miss you and eagerly want you to come back. Anyways, I owe you a drink and lunch, you decide the date :-)

Me: Ohh.. Thanks a ton for your words. *pakku elated as its from those typical “Chinese” manager *

Well, the countdown has begun for my return to des. Unfortunately, for now it has two counters. I foresee myself singing “ye jo des hai mera, swades hai mera” from the “Indian Airlines” flight on one of those days. When yours truly has chosen freelance consulting, thyself have to bear the travel cost. That’s when your “desh-bhakthi” rises to the peek and you choose the official country carrier for obvious reasons.

Right after I decided to take up work in Singapore, I had to convince myself that since this being a long-term assignment (which I purposefully cut-short), I should not go nostalgic enroute. No “Miss you” mails or “home-sick” mails, sky-rocketing calling card bills or depressed moods. To a certain extent I have achieved it. But still, I am humane and an emotional one at times. I missed

- my HONDA – everytime I had to take MRT(Metro rail), I dreampt of button-start and Vrrroooommmmm....

- riding over the relatively empty stretch of Mysore Road. For me 100 kph is “Dhoom” like. I may be fanatic about sporty bikes, but not so “speed-savvy”

- frequent visits to temples *pakku hasn’t stepped into a single temple in SG for past 7 months- bad signs*

- random shopping at malls, marathalli, commercials and wheresoever. The result of which, for the past 7 months have not bought any apparel, but for a few from KL.

- P3A Hangouts near Brigades, Richmonds. Needless to say, what I missed all through these days from those places. You gotchaa!! Whatttt!! … I was mentioning about ”Corner House”…and not those charismatic damsels... huhhh pervert minds

- Proficient hair-cut!!! Not that I portray any style statement from my hairs, but haircut saloons in SG.. huhh

- “Forceful” get-together partys within P3A. Well.. the way P3A is behaving these days, wonder if I really missed it

- Gifts-Shopping. I love this part!!! It is always exciting when you shop for that exclusive gift for your dear ones. And when pakku things of doing it, the recipient is truly special :-)

- Needless to mention, missed quite a few close-in friends. Well, for an introvertish, not-so-easily-mingling-guy, a handful of them is more than enough.

Above all, missed “Sri Skanda Kripa”(my home) and family. It is as if uttering “yahiii pooch liya hotaa, saansein lethe ho pakku
*due to some critical urgent work, had to cut short my post.. else I missed a LOT*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home