Monday, May 21, 2007

Waddever....

What a month last week was!!!

After spending 4 months in a domain which was as new as Himesh is to Gillette Mach 3, I am back to where I belonged to. Fortnight ago, my manager comes up and asks me to help the "ailing technical workplan". He does so with such great niche, I could not resist, moreso as it was my domain of expertise.

From then on, its been all "ground-level" work compared to the decision-making, jazzy functional role. And in every hourly status meeting, the very common words of "war-footing", "challenges" are spelt in every sentence uttered. Yep, you read it right, "hourly" status meeting. Thankfully they dont retard the work much as its hardly 2-3 mins max.

The domain I work on has a notorious track-record of failing during the Testing phase. Thats when the team draws the synergy from all the quarters to make it succeed. Thanks to which pakku has 3 take-aways' in a day. And the female vendor in McDeez orders the relevant meal(per the timing of the day) without my uttering. Wheeee!!!

Apart from my usual bickering, it is quite a challenge with such high visibility cum risk-area. And I am not at all frustrated by my mechanical routine life. After all its not an impasse in my profession.

For now.. you guys enjoy your lovely weekend :-). Hope the next time I pen here, life is back to normal and cosy :-)

pakku

1 Comments:

Blogger Ram said...

There are always ups and downs in a Software Prof's work. Personally sometimes I have been very busy. Other times very free.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home