Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pakku finally breaks his professional lingo

Getting jelled into a team which cultivates multi-culture facet, could be a nice challenge. And , I am going through one. Hardly a week into my new workplace, I am quite loving it.

One of my wellwisher, while travelling from Singapore had quipped, "Try to avoid mingling in desi groups in overseas workplace". In Singapore, she was not comfortable when people spoke in hindi at clientplace and formed there own groups away from the team members. The smart professional individual she is, I knew where she was coming from. And rightfully so, in melbourne, although the desi population is quite evident in my workplace, I tried to be as professional as I could to follow it.

Today morning, I was asked to meet one of the programmers in the team. And his name was quite indian, for that matter quite common south-indian name, Satya. So, pakku decides to meet him personally at his workplace.

Me : Good Morning Satya, I am Prakash. I have joined the team 3 days back. How are you doing?

Satya: Hi Prakash. I am doing good

Me: Satya, I needed some details from you.

Satya: Sure. yada yada yada..... I heard you are from Bangalore

Me: Yep.

Satya: Which part of Bangalore?

Me: * me getting a bit uncomfortable that regional stuff is peeking in, while I was there to talk something official* am from basaveshwaranagar

Satya: Wooww.. me too from that place.

Pakku: *arre Prakash .. hataa saawan kaa ghata*... howda maga, maja maadana haagiddree..

The amount of joy in his face, when he heard me talk in kannada is priceless. And chatting further, we had so many common things to embark on.

Welcome Satya, to my space and hope we dont make our workplace "aussie srirampuram"

1 Comments:

Blogger Abha said...

hehehe...nice one..enjoyed reading.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home