Monday, August 21, 2006

Couldnt comeup with an apt title :-(

Its been quiet a while, I updated this space. Well, to be frank, I was not very busy at workplace, it was only that I was busy with the mundane things, a software engineer undergoes when he is out of his familys' warm cocoon. Since my roomie had to fly back to India without notice, I was left all alone in the whole apartment for the complete week and there is no signs of him yet. Now, if you are alone at home, you can be at your own wonderland hehehehe...On the contrary, I had todo all the household things like cooking, cleaning all alone. ammaa.. I missed you.

While cooking turned out to be not-so-pleasant outing, but for a change staying alone was kind of fun. Somehow, I get that feeling of being more organised when I am alone. The enthu to do things in a more systematic manner. But not anymore. I am really missing my roomie, as I miss those good vegetarian food :-)

Last week in media, witnessed two extremes of corporate life. While first half was occupied by the person raising to the pinnacle of success, the latter was filled with a great individual stepping down. No rewards for guessing, Indra Nooyi and NR Narayana Murthy.

To be frank, I never heard of Mrs. Indra till the news broke out that an Indian would be heading Pepsico. Well thanks to my low KPI about corporate GK. When I started reading about her, I was just amazed to know more and more about her. Saree-clad Indian lady who carried curd-rice in her dabba, perplexed by the dominance of pepsis and the cokes over drinking water has truly cut across many barriers to get to that coveted position. After a lot of search, stumbled on this. Makes me wonder if she would be the same INDRA NOOYI, CEO of Pepsico, if she were to be associated with the Indian corporate skeletal.

We have our own Kiran Shah, Lalita Gupte etc.., but to heck out a Indra Nooyi from Corporate India needs some more cooking time.

The other person in news for retiring from his illustrious career at Infosys was the founder himself, Mr. NRN. Well, any literate in bangalore would know who NRN is. Such is his cult and persona. (For that matter even a illiterate would know, courtesy Infosys Toilets ;-) )

Lifestyle, hardwork and process of being "Successfull" of such people has always enticed me. May be becoz underneath myself, I behold the innate feeling to be Successfull in my own terms, if not in the same pedestal. Amen!!

On a sign-off note, if juntaa havent noticed the GREAT Lady*



* Snap flicked from Internet portal

5 Comments:

Blogger Preethi said...

Dont even tell me man.. I have this huuuuuuuuuge thing for Narayan Murthy, u know.. really huuuuuuuuge thing.. :)

Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:45:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Indira....finally broke the "Glass Ceiling"

Friday, August 25, 2006 1:44:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@SG: I seriously did not get what yu meant *scratching my head in a wild manner*

@SV: Indra dude..was it a typo ?

Friday, August 25, 2006 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, August 25, 2006 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

I always make this mistake of having my finger on "i" :D

Friday, August 25, 2006 6:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home