Thursday, August 10, 2006

Do you have one?

As SG celebrated its 41st Birthday yesterday, with all the pomp and glory, I was happily enjoying my holiday along the shores of the sea. Tranquility and serene nature of water has its own soothing effect to my mind. This time around I was not alone, there was someone else. yeah yeah.. "gang of four" would be naughtily thinking about "her"as the other... No not this time!!

An article in ET, caught me contemplating on my current workplace. The article was all about "Office Spouse"!! Voilaaaa.. have you ever heard one such. Well..I am not trying to advertise polygamy here. I would be the last one to even think of it *pakku yellling in a firm voice*. The article really made me think of one such "entity".

IT tech people or even people in finance domain or R&D (not sure of others) end up spending more hours in their office cubicle compared to their living rooms. How much ever an individual is geeky-kinds, off the 12 odd hours (s)he spends in a 6'*6' cubicle, they would always look for refreshing moments to spark up their brains. Now if the team you are working in has some "interesting" people, there is no need of such refreshing hours. By default, you are refreshed. *shucksss ..pervert pakku trying to bully the elegance-personified pakku*

Sometimes unknowingly, working with your team-mates, we get into a relationship far away from project-related stuff. It could be more of a personal relationship compared to the usual official terms. Well, I feel its more healthier to be happy at work, than cribb over the work we are doing. Personal level interaction with mates can really fasten work and also bring in more quality to the work being delivered.

I have very fond memories of the first firm I worked for(not that it is a distant past), which makes me smile over those days. Well, the "quality" days spent there, demands for a separate post on its own. The work environment too was like "fun-at-work". Even though, I was in office for more than 12-13 hours(not always), the enthralling moments at workplace negated the negative thinking. Lovely days!!!

Moving on, workplace became more serious, with very less space for fun. When I was handed pounded with prospective candiadate resumes in my last company, I always tried to check his/her humour nerves apart from technical skills. Technical skills can be acquired in a given amount of time or training. But, the innate quality to cheer up the people around is what a team needs if it does not have one already.

With emerging talented females (high time guys agreed that they are really talented) in IT industry, trying to rub shoulders with male creatures, this concept of "Office Spouse" will take more prominence in due course of time. I hope this augurs well with the traditional Indian work culture. Hopefully, its more of a platonic relationship compared to intimate ones.
Do you already have one ??

5 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Pakku!!! Get Married Soon! Its high timefor you....I can see you breaching all thresholds! :D

Monday, August 14, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

hehehhe.. humourous way to start the week :-)

Monday, August 14, 2006 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Anil said...

Yes pakku!! get married soon, so tat I can sing "mere yaar ki shaadi hain" [:D]

u seriously need a "Marriage Pill" dude [:P]

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:12:00 PM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Every time u write SG, I read the line twice.. :)

Monday, August 21, 2006 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@Anil: I know who is being prescribed with the "marriage pill"

@SG: :-)... *As SG celebrated its (her) 41st birthday..* huuhhahaaah bad zoke

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home