Friday, August 04, 2006

More Masala

Every morning after reaching office, I surf through the net to get some gyaan about current affairs. Sometimes, the surf-time gets bit overtime. Thus, I decided to come to office atleast 30 mins earlier than the scheduled time. This gives me that extra time to bask over the net. Today, fortunately or unfortunately to increase mydegree of nostalgia saw this:



Then on, I am drooling over that plate (Friday hai naa, less kaam-shaam). I feel like drilling a hole on my monitor and having that. I just want to slurp that!!!!! Masala poori, my favorite chat. I would let go even my dinner for having that!! When in Bangalore, I used to savor that every weekend. And the day I had it; mom would know of it. Courtesy, my little-to-zero intake of food at dinner time. Followed by the usual scolding’s, which just requires a smile on my face to pacify her.

I love my masala poori. Near to my home, there is this chat place, where I frequent. That maani (yeah, he is a mangie), thanks to my frequent visit, he just understands my order without an utter. Onjii Masalaee – masala jaasthi, eerulli kammi, poori jassthi, onthe khara ippadae (One masala poori with more masala, less onion, more poori, bit spicy). Then on its wait-time over my new Honda, no need to say what a guy would do along with his friends (if any) in front of a chat place :D *if you don’t know, I would be honored to give you some gyaan*

Once I get my favorite, I am just in my own world. I stop talking while I enjoy my chaat. I just drool every spoon of the eatery to the hilt. That’s the way I know to enjoy a chaat item. The less-spicy-eating person I am, I feel a bit hot after having it. To counter it, I have 2 pani pooris (gol kappe) which is filled with 2-3 onion slices, pinch of salt, sugary syrup and water ofcourse (as per my knowledge, pani is prepared with tamarind juice, water, salt and some pepper. Not sure though)

Aint it an enticing experience altogether on a mushy-mushy evening weather of bengalooru! I would enjoy it more if any spicy conversation is being carried over with the junta around. Other than this place near my home, there is this Cool Joint in Jayanagar 4 block. Total illiterate of Jayanagars block areas I was but, courtesy my friend, when ever I get a chance to meet her, we used to hang up at this place for the usual (if yours truly had enough time to do so). He serves better chaat than the ice cream: D. At my ex-work location, Koramangla, I have had the worst chaat experience. Most of the chaat places in koramangala just know to squeeze money L

Now it’s been quite a while I had my Masala poori. When I tried it once in Little India, I did not feel the taste. Wonder if I would get those chaat items in SG. For the little time I was put up in US, we had this Punjabi dhaba in downtown Sunnyvale, CA. This guy, used to serve the best bhel poori in town as per my tastebuds (bhel was more delicious compared to masala). Most weekends, I and my kothi colleague used to savour that as dinner. Well, it was so heavy!! Moments when we used to compare the $5 bhel poori taste with Rs.8 bhel poori.. hahahahahha. Other times, I missed chaat was, when in Amsterdam. well..it’s better if I don’t talk of chaat in West Europe, as we don’t even get authentic indian food and me complaining of chaat. Huhhhhh…

This weekend, hope to find a interesting chaat place in Little India. Guys wish me luck and yeah, have a rollicking weekend J

6 Comments:

Blogger Harsha said...

yank la onji masala poori. ;)

When you said Koramangala where u talking about Anand? I find their quality varies a lot. Sometimes it is just awesome, sometimes it sucks. And they make masala poori with kabuli chana instead of peas. And when it's well done, its heaven I tell you. :)

Never tried chat in cool joint. Will do so on ur recommendation. But I just love the soup there. 5 rupees for the best soup in the world. thats like dirt cheap!!!

5$???? *almost faints at the thought of paying almost 230 bucks for one bhel, we indians are so cheap when we want to ;);)*

Friday, August 04, 2006 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Yummy food ... I do savour it twice weekly...but all road side...better taste u see ;-)!

5$!! What a life style mann! :D

Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger Anil said...

masala poori...paani poori...!! m drooling rite here in front of my laptop :D!!

need one dose today [:D] puchka at Koshy's is juss too good!!

Saturday, August 05, 2006 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@HArsha: yeah.. its Anand. May be when ever I go there, he thinks I deserve the "best" :-(

All the best for "Cool Joint". Well.. you wud be earning in $s buddy :-)

@SV: yeah yeah.. "lifestyle"!!!

@Anil: we alll know how much you drool over chaaatss.. esp Calcutta chat ;-) right???

Sunday, August 06, 2006 9:33:00 PM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Now do u have to remind me of MasalaPuri on a Monday??? :(

Monday, August 07, 2006 6:39:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

SG: One way of getting over monday morning and drool over the masala :) SG madam daada panpara.. correct aathe!!!

Monday, August 07, 2006 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home