Friday, August 25, 2006

yippiiee.. weekend!!!!

Time : Tuesday Around 10 PM

Place: WorkStation

Mail snippet from client:

.....GREAT Prakash. Thank you very much for your effort. blah blah....

Time: Thursday, 5 PM

Place: Workstation

Mail to my Manager:

.....Leaving early from office, as I am not feeling well, henceforth, not able to concentrate on work......


Time: Friday 8.30 Am

Place: Workstation

Manager at my desk:

"Prakash, Have you checked-in thursdays deliverable of Service ***** ? "

"I have checked-in the developed code, but I need to do unit-testing now" *me confidently uttters*

He happily returns back, thinking that the work was done. Mission Accomplished!!! Me heartily starts listening to "oru poyyavadha soll pennae.. uun kadhal naandaan endraee.....". Its a wonderful tamil song from Jodi, music by GREAT Rahman. Let me try to translate it to my poor english: "hey girl.. just utter a lie.. that I am your love......." After listening to it few weeks ago, I have just gone crazy over the lyrics of that song. To the extent that, I have uploaded the complete song to my cell and keep repeating the same song over and over again, as I cannot get my mp3 player to office.

Haan.. where was I? working in a APAC customer site!! Now if the same situation were to be in any of the companies I worked before, I would have seen a few if not umpteen "Get Well" messages/SMS/calls. Sometimes, such trivial things do matter, as you inherently feel that the people around you do care for you and not just for the work you do!

Anyways, part and parcel of working in APAC region!! No wonder why, Mr.NRN says "Always love your work, not your organisation". For one fine day, when situation demands, you may find it difficult to separate yourself from the company. So true !!

Me eagerly waiting to get back home and hoping I would not have to come tomorrow to office!!

juntaa...rock the weekend with your dear ones!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Preethi said...

Guess u felt a bit better later on??
How r u now?

Monday, August 28, 2006 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

Yep Smiling Girl. Felt a lot better. Thanks :-)

Monday, August 28, 2006 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home