Sunday, September 24, 2006

Beware HE is coming

Around 1000+ crazy people had gathered at one place for sole purpose. They were uttering(shouting) only one name. They had converted the huge foyer into a rally. No it wasnt an election rally. They had all the adrenaline pumping slogans, mass response to every phrase uttered from one corner would resound on the opposite corner.

Yep, it was the grand showing of STALIN- The Man for the Society. No I hadnt flown down to andhra pradesh, I was here in Singapore itself. The largest movie hall in SG with a max capacity of 1200 was jampacked. The crowd would have given the B-C class movie theatres of rayalseema run for their money for the level of fan-following.

When it comes to watching movies of Megastar or Superstar, juntaa dont watch it for any story/screenplay/logic. For all, they do movies in their 50's not for any critical acclaim, but solely for their fans. And fans acknowledge it in their own unique style.

Every appearance of the megastar was cheered with whistling, puppets in such a systematic chorous that, the movie organisers had to increase the theater sound system volume, so that people like me would follow the dialogues. Be it chiranjeevi, even for a newcomer like Trisha, it wasnt less. If the frames did not have either of them(which was very very rare), we could hear from one corner "andhra pradesh mukhyamantrulu evaruu?"

"Chiranjeevigaaruu".. the other end would utter systematically.

Few more phrases which thronged the theatre "telugudesamkoo okkataae okatii megastar - chiranjeevii" apart from "easaaeii", "jai chiranjeevaa" etc... Such was the hysteria created. For all those 3 hours, I felt I was sitting in some movie theatre of rural AP. I could just not compare this with other silent pin-drop movie screenings in SG. May be even the umpteen family/women who had come enjoyed it.

Whenever my friend would utter "bakwaas" at the illogical fight screening, I had only one thing to say "maga, sumniro, oduskobeku antha iddiya" (dude, keep quiet or else you would be beaten up)

Prior to this, I hadnt watched any Chiranjeevi movie. When it comes to southern movies, I always felt no one can beat the mass hysteria that Superstar Rajnikant generates. But, from start I was following Stalin, as it had Trisha in the lead. Moreso, first time she had compromised to act with "OLD" male leads.Though the movie cannot be added to her favourites list, but her sheer comical timing and killer smile has done due justice to whatever little space she was given to conquer.

No I am not going to waste my brain cells analysing the movie. Yeah I cannot miss saying that, "cameo" performances by Trisha and PrakashRaj are refreshing. But the message was quite clear from Chiranjeevi, my movies are portraying social welfare, henceforth the countdown to entering politics has begun. YSRgarru, Naidugaaruu jaagratta, nenu vasthunnaaruu....(Naidus, YSR's beware I am coming)

Well, watching a megastar movie wasnt that easy. I had to pay double the usual ticket fare. I had only heard of all this fan-following/hysteria before. But, now I know what it means to watch a megastar movie. For some moments, I loved being part of it. While in SG, not always you get to be in such a crowd.

During all those "systematic chaos", my heart could only ask:

"Tamilnadu has thalaivar rajnikanth, andhra has Chiranjeevi, malluland has Mohanlal, isnt karnataka missing something?"

Hopefully, my kids would answer this :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pakku said...

@Game: Arnt you a diehard Chi fan!! From wat I heard frm ppl around, Stalin is far far far better from Jai chiranjeeva. Cud be !!!

Monday, September 25, 2006 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@SG: Well, I wouldnt mind another individual like Raj. But not his family please :D

"StarPower" :-)

@tvp: Ofcourse sir..for once I will be assertive to let c my friend happy ;-)

Monday, September 25, 2006 11:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home