Friday, September 01, 2006

Happy Birthday!!

I have noticed many of my friends/colleagues carry a teenie-weenie pocket diary having plethora of personal information, which when read by outsiders will lead to WW-III. The basic reason of carrying such pocket-diary as they say, it reminds them of birthdays. The unorganised guy I am, if I maintain one such diary in my bagpack, I am sure it will be lost before it serves the purpose.

Previously, I used to depend on portals like Orkut or friendster for such kind of info. But, now after "forcefully" exiting out of such forums, I do not have a choice but to depend on my "impeccable" brain cells. Sept 1 is such date apart from few other dates, which does not need space in my RAM. Some details are just etched onto my mind, more so when it is close to heart.

Yep, today is the birthday of the only A of my dearest P3A group. While in the month of july, the other two dear friends TV and SV, celebrated their birthdays with all the gaiety and pomp. Then, I was tied up in KL assignment and lack of net-connectivity, did not get enough time to post. After all three brithdays doen, this makes me the youngest laadla in the group *applause* My dear friends are getting older and older and I am still so young *muahahahhah*

P3A birthday-evenings are always filled with fun, laughter and ofcourse mouth-watering dinner. Now if the evening is dedicated to Anil, has to be a gala one, as he is more fond of food than all of us. What makes all the more enticing about the gala treat is, it will be a pure veggie stuff without even pinch of alcohol. Yep, I am the only traitor in the group, who has non-veg otherwise. Now dont blame me, when I did transform myself to pure veggie for almost 7 months, I was packed off to Amsterdam, where I had to start having non-veg else I would not have survived(not really so!!)

All said and done, this is the 3rd consecutive year, I am missing birthday treats from my pals on their special day. Blame it on my eagerness to roam the world or the timing of my travel or they absconding to other countries. Now, I am so desperate to spend those 2-3 odd hours with my friends, if given a chance, I would want SingAir to airlift me to bangalore for those pristine moments. Yep, obviously free of cost ;-)

Ok ok, I shall stop my rant and wish our dear teddybear *pakku in a typical birthday singing voice* Happy Birthday to you..Happy Birthday to you..Happy Birthday to teddy.. Happy Birthday to you. While people around start clapping and head towards the birthday to greet him, all of a sudden, there is complete darkness in the restaurant, only hitting sounds of "dhan-dhana-dhan" punctuated with the ooohh--aahha-ammma is heard. Few minutes later, everything is back to normal. Anil is licking his upper/lower lip for the strawberry cake engulfed on his chehraa, while his hands are busy trying to cement his butt onto his backframe. Click click *Kodak Moment*

Anil bidda, heres wishing "All the very best to you. Hope you are engulfed with all the divine powers to help you take appropriate decision about the future journey called life. Have fun :-)" arree.. hataa saawan kaa ghata.. tell me when are we having maduve ootaa ??

As you guys plan for bday treat at Taj or Leela Galleria (SV and TVP, I hope you convince anil for a treat at either of these .. yep you SHOULD), me signing off reminscing the lovely moments we shared before I flew down to Singapore.

cheerios

6 Comments:

Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:52:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Wooo hooo! Watta co-inci....Well paks for your kind information...it was neither leela nor Taj, but, the same "Lovely Moments" were re-iterated....We were back @ the 13th floor..sadly...couldn't sit outside...but that really didn't hamper our enjoyment and merry making process. Talked about EVERYTHING...LITERALLY! :D

We even remembered you but "in the name of dear paks" ...we tasted the lovely crispy vegetables...remember that fry served with honey? mooooh! mouth waterin' it was!

Saturday, September 02, 2006 8:54:00 PM  
Blogger Anil said...

thanks a zillion for the wishes...!! wud have utilized the option against u when those lights go off [;)]!! m juss missing that complete action at P3A get-togethers!!

the reminiscences of last time outing to Ebony was lingering arnd...!! missed u at 13th-Floor on 1st-Friday buddy!! but the conversation was juss too good, tvp leart abt Diamond Problem finally!! hahahah!!

Sunday, September 03, 2006 2:56:00 AM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@Pramod : EBONY again.. I smell sumthing fishy here..Any awesum looking lady waiteress there ? ;-)

@Anil :nver can u doodsss..and wats all this Diamond problem ?

Monday, September 04, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

The problems caused by diamonds :D

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger Anil said...

Its problem of extended Triangles ;)!!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home