Monday, August 28, 2006

Ganapati Bappa Moraya

First thing first, belated wishes on “Vinayaka Chaturthi”!! Hope we all are divinely blessed with those extra blessings in tasks we take up all this year(and coming years) along. Thankfully, the festival was on a Sunday. Aargh.. that was an ironical comment! Well, in India, we wish the grand festivals fall on weekdays esp. on Mondays or Fridays and now in vides, totally contradictory.

Weekend was truly rollicking stuff at least in my standards of weekend life. Mommy dear had told that this weekend was “Gowri-Ganapati”. Maybe be she wanted me to be vegetarian atleast on these days. Yes mom I was pure shaakhahaari over weekend. Usually of all the Indian festivals I love this one a lot. Mentally planned that I would savour a sumptuous lunch and yep, prepared only by yours truly. Bought all the necessary groceries from little India so that I did not miss out on the necessary ingredients.

Haan..shopping for groceries in densely packed malls makes me feel like a responsible adult. Guess how? I feel a sense of being older/responsible when I drag the shopping cart, picking the necessary stuff-checking for freshness, price and all the other parameters which makes it an ideal buy. And above all, that surprising-yet-appreciable look on the faces of elderly desi junta when single-and-young-yet-getting-older guy like me is amidst all the aunties in a vegetable stall. I just loovee that expression on their face.

Now the toughest part, preparation!! The exuberating enthu I had in reaching for every cutlery item, made feel my roomie that the dishes were prepared in madii(our own definition for cleanliness and sanctity). So he just vanished off from the kitchen. So presented below is my menu items I cooked. Yep, I can proudly say, I Cooked it!!

After the satisfied-sumptuous lunch, we thought of rewatching “Nuvvasthanante Nennoddnatana”. Just when I started blabbering "Brand Trisha" to the junta around, Tara gave me a call about THE Showtime. Telugu junta here had organized a special festival showing of “Bonmmarillu”–latest Siddharth-Genelia starrer, which is rocking AP back home. Impressed by SIddu's acting skills, wanted to sign-off the weekend in style.

Due to the extraordinary response to the movie, we got 3 tickets in different corners after a lot of maskaafying the distributor. Maskaafying him was the most funniest part. I started off in a typical telugu accent

"sir.. mooruu ticket undaa" *mixture of english, tamil and telugu*

"Sold out babugaaru.. ippduu chooruu wait cheyyandii..inthaa ticket cancel aaihtae try chestannunuu"..actually he spoke more, I can recollect only these. Basically he meant tickets are sold out, if someone cancels you guys have a chance.

I started struggling for words to respond in telugu. Now me struggling, Tara tookover and started talking in a kannada mixed telugu accent. That was total fun. Finally, distributor got to know that we are no way connected to gultee land, but had come to wacth a telugu entertainer. Impresseed/fed up of our frequent pleas, he handed over 3 tickets.

The next 3 hours was sheer fun, laugh riot to say the least. I do not understand telugu totally, but I could make out most of the comedy in the movie and my laughter was in sync with that in the cinema hall. After watching KANK, I had a lot of fight with my friends on justifying that why I considered it a “Must watch”, but after “Bonmmarillu”- there wont be any such fights. Because, its an out and out comical entertainer. P3A, hope you watch it ASAP as we can see our own Anil in the movie in most of the frames ;-)

While Siddharth rocks the show with his sensible dressing-sense and natural acting, genelia’s comical innoscence coupled with bubbly character adds to the pomp of the movie. Aint she cute and bubbly!! Seems like she is turning out to be the preity zinta of Tollywood. Brand Hyderabad is being publicized in a very good way. Someday I need to tour Hydie, hope the days are very near! I don’t mind a second showing, even if its means another 12$!!




Pooris as starter.. yummy and crispier :D


Pudeena Chutney which truned out to be pudhina juice :D


Veg Pulao .. naaa MTR Veg Pulao


Salad .. this was the BEST



Finally, Gulab Jamoons as Dessertss

7 Comments:

Blogger Harsha said...

Food looks awesome and there are way too many jamoons for you to eat!!! Need help ;)

Will watch bommarilu... I dont understand much of telugu, but will give it a shot.

>>>sir.. mooruu ticket undaa" *mixture of english, tamil and telugu*
You mean eng, kannada and tulu? undaa is tulu right?

Monday, August 28, 2006 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Baapre.. u did all this by urself in Singapore???
Coooool man!
Should've invited me for lunch..;)

Monday, August 28, 2006 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger Preethi said...

Oh.. so Bommarillu is that good, is it?? I am gonna watch it over the weekend!!!
KANK - this evening.. :)

Monday, August 28, 2006 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@Harsha: Help in preparaing, always welcome dude.

Dont you think tulu is a combi of more of Tamil, telugu and kannada. yep tht was more a masala of all.

@Smiling Girl: andandaa.. singaporeduu yaen cook malthe :-)
yeps.. Bommarrillu is quite a good movie . You should watch it and yeah hope to know wat u felt about KANK :-)

Monday, August 28, 2006 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Paks "Haan..shopping for groceries in densely packed malls makes me feel like a responsible adult" ..wooo hooo.... time to FORESEE the coming of my bhaabhi :D

U just rocked mann....when u come back to Bangalore no need to look for S/w Jobs...

Start a new Multi-Cusine, Multi Star restaurant - "The Pakku's"

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 3:08:00 AM  
Blogger Anil said...

voila, so many dishes...!! paks dont tell me u had all those jamoons alone...!! rocking buddy...!! seems "u-have grown-up"...[:D]!!

sv... i will be the first customer for "The Pakku's" ;)!!

Bommarillu...!! is tat a good flick?? lemme chk it out...!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@SV: le SV.. y r u behind me getting married. You dont want to see me happy or what ?

Restaurant.. thts too much of exaggeration :(

@Anil: thank u thank u.. b-(yeps.. its an osssumm movie..

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home