Monday, September 11, 2006

One more cinematic weekend....

Last few weekends have been an interesting affair. The latest one was no different. Finally, got a chance to laugh with Munnabhai. Much has been written and read of this movie. But after watching part-2, I would still vote for MB-1 compared to part 2.

Lage Rahoo..is enticing, crowd-puller, funny has every ingredient to make it a sensational blockbuster. Still, for me Gandhi has always been hidden mystery even though I believe in “few” of his principles. Henceforth, few scenes were kind-off boring to me. Overall, the effort taken by the technical crew to derive such non-controversial-yet-humourous script truly deserves a sensuous applause. Circuit had a great comical timing compared to sanju baba. But, the duo makes an wonderful combi. Vidya looks more sensuous with her colorful-elegant homely attire. Vidya as an RJ? Hirani saaab please, benchmark is already set by (H)ambar(preity in salaam namaste) please don’t lower it.

Added to interesting movie-watching, what made it more amusing was the jam-packed “interesting” crowd in the movie hall. One of the biggest halls in Singapore was packed to hilt. Wonder from which part of Singapore those “interesting” junta came down from. Nevertheless, who cares from where they were!!

Another notable stuff was D-2/Ekalavya trailers. I had watched D-2 trailer in mail-forwards, but watching it on big-screen was different experience. Rejuvenated breath-taking sexy looks of duggu, hour-glass figure of our own bunt-girl Aishwarya, Abhis elegant on-screen persona.. well I am just counting days to watch this flick. And … yeah I want the same enthralling crowd who goes “wowww..uhhhhhhhhh” when Hrithik poses..whistles when Aish or bips comes on ..feminine voice who scream “Abhishek, I love you”.. on the other end, male voice shyfully responds “What is your phone number”? Wonder how many Abhisheks were in the hall..:-) I have been to so many movie-showings in SG, but this was an exception, albeit a good one.

Of late, I have become a movie freakoo to say the least. On Sunday, watched “Vettayaidu Velayaidu” – Kamal Hasans new thriller. This time it was the typical Singapore crowd :-(. Back home, this is termed as super performance by Kamal. But, I could only utter, Kamal sir –please retire!!! Vikram is filling up your space :-(

I need to cut-down on my movie-watching capsules. Hopefully, coming weekends I get to spend time with serene waters and with dear senorita. Amen!!!!!

Have a nice working week ahead… lage rahoooo