Sunday, September 03, 2006

Show of Strength

The show-gathering which started of as a means to fear-off enemies during "Cold-War" days, as now transformed itself to a show-off to country residents. Yep, one such show has to be the "Air-Show"s. Yesterday, accidentally, I had been to Air show organised by Royal Air force of Singapore. Thanks to my friends, who diverted my attention to such kind of shows.

While in Bangalore, I had so many chance to watch such kind of shows in Jalahali Air base, never did I venture, courtesy my laziness to drive so far. But, after being part of Singapore aero-show, I would air-dive to jalahalli air base for sure.

The hangar at the Paya Lebar Air base included the mighty F-16 (yep.. the same fighter jet for which Ind and pak fight with BIG bro), F-5, F-60, hawkers and a few other probablities of alphanumerics (:D) fighter helicopters. Seriously wonder why they name such collossal creatures with 2-or 3 letter alphanumerics. Although, it was a military exercise, not much security measures were involved and we could even venture into any of those fighter jets provided we followed the serpentine Queue.

Aerial display conducted by the Air Force personnel, was an exhilarating stuff. The ear-deafening sound of F-16 when it travels just about 500 m from you is worth a lifetime experience. Well..the sound generated by it was so enigmatically huge that I had to finally close my ears with both my hands. As a kid, always wanted to show to the world that even if a eerulli bomb(type of green-colored cracker which makes enormous sound due to the tight threads surrounding the explosive. we used to call it onion bomb :-))) was exploded I would stand still without closing my ears. But this time, F-16 won. I have no regrets, am happy that my eardrum layers did not corrode much.

Not sure, if the fleet on display was just a partial moolah of Sing Air force strength. If it was the complete show of strength, then it cannot be categorised in the "Royal" category. Well if a country has such friendly neighbours why would they spend it on security, they would rather build one more Singapore :-). Rightly so!!!

Unfortunately, I hadnt carried my Digicam from bangalore, all these days my phone-camera is trying to capture the "Nokia" moments of Singapore. Few snapppooos below and the complete coverage here

Air-drop by personnel draped in Singapore royal colors of red and white
C-130 (not sure though)

Missed the landing of F-16D.. you can notice the rear of the fighter on extreme left.



Pakku with E2C

Tired me with F-16D


What am I doing ??
Trying to hijack the heritage Skyhawk

Finally.. "Nokia" moments.. snappo with the F-16 pilot


4 Comments:

Blogger Harsha said...

Any chances they'd give one of those babies for a test drive ;) ;)??

Monday, September 04, 2006 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Wooo hoo amazing!! "Found" Any Lady pilots? ;-) :))

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger Pakku said...

@harsha: How i wish :-)

@SV: sada shivanige ade gnanaaaa..

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Pramod Viswanath said...

Adakke naanu ninna keLiddu...neene nanna sadaa shiva :D

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home